Do’s and Don’ts of Stretching
Indeed, you read it right. There are also particular disadvantages in stretching and these might give you something to worry about. But were not here to give you worries, and in fact, we’ll be giving you some heads-up tips to on what we should Do and what to avoid when were on our way to our stretching routines.
Are you ready? Here are the lists to help your stretching habits become health-beneficial as intended. It’s all about being healthy after all.
DO’s of Stretching
- Do warm Ups before stretching because this will make the muscles, ligaments, and tendons be easily stretched.
- Do the 30-second stretching per muscle group. The minimum time per stretch will 10 seconds. In most healthy people, this is adequately helpful to increase range of motion. But let the muscle lengthen slowly because it must not be forced.
- Do make sure that the muscles are warm and not cold after warm-up and workout.
- Do contract-relax and hold-relax in stretching and do breather deeply through each stretch.Do learn to listen to your own body so that you will know its capacity.
DON’Ts of Stretching
- Don’t overstretch your muscles to the point that you are hurting yourself. Be patient enough.
- Don’t bounce the stretch because instead of lengthening your muscles effectively, the opposite will occur.
- Don’t overextend your joints in stretching. Bending them farther than it is meant to go could cause injury.
- Don’t do stretching when you are planning to run and do other intensive physical activities.
Stretching is good to the human’s health but you should see to it that you are always doing it properly.
Trackback from your site.